Re: Network Time

Author: KevinO
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Network Time
Don Calfa wrote:
> KevinO wrote:

>>> See http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome
>>>
>>> Two of my favorites are:
>>> dewey.lib.ci.phoenix.az.us
>>> decimal.lib.ci.phoenix.az.us
>>>
>>> ...Kevin
>>>

>> cuckoo.nevada.edu
>>
>> - --
>> KevinO
>>

> tick.usno.navy.mil
> tock.usno.navy.mil

Another rule is that you shouldn't pull from stratum-one servers, like these
two, unless you are providing public stratum-two services to the net. If you
are setting up a local ntp server to sync up your own box or the ones on your
LAN, you should use a stratum-two server. (actually a few of them)

- --
KevinO

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what value there may
be in owning a piece thereof.
        -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"