Re: Right way to setup server?

Author: George Toft
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Right way to setup server?
Other really good ideas:
- Make sure your star wars service account has a locked password. If
anyone needs access to that account's shell (does it need a shell???),
make them sudo to it.

- Does that account need a shell or a home dir?

- The Center for Internet Security (CISecurity.org) has a benchmark that
will guide you in setting up a pretty secure server. Free download!!!
It also comes with a scoring tool that tells you how well you secured it.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
AGD,LLC
www.agdllc.com
623-203-1760