Re: Nov and Dec InstallFests cancelled?

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Nov and Dec InstallFests cancelled?
--- Alan DaDayleyalalanddoconsultprosom> wrote:

> ececointed out in a previous email that a discussion
> at the GNU/Linux
> StStammtischoncluded that the November and December
> InInstallFestsre
> cacanceled This is due to these InInstallFestates
> falling close to
> (Thanksgiving) and on (Christmas) holidays.
>
> While I understand the reasoning for this decision
> and even agree with it,
> in the case of Christmas Day, I wonder if the
> participants of that
> discussion could comment a bit more about the
> November date. For example:
> - Is the facility not available on the Saturday
> after Thanksgiving?
> - Are the people who make it happen (Thank you Alex
> and Dennis!) not
> available?
> - Is there enough interest to do it even if the
> above two points are true?

/////////////////////////

I think the conclusion was that these two weekends
were
'holiday' weekends and that few if any would attend.
That is all I heard/noticed said.

Forgive me IF I cannot name who said that, even tho I
sat there most of the evening, as I am really bad with
names, but Alex was one of the ones (I think he was
still outside at that time) and another said he would
put a blurb on the website stating the canceled
ininstallfestsSoSooooI guess it is/was/whatever, a
done deal.

Just thought I would put a 'heads up' posting so it
could be known before the 'frfridayefore'!!

///////////////////

> I am not trying to stir anything up here. I just
> want to make sure that
> if someone was counting on attending this month's
> event that we either
> hold the event or handle their needs appropriately.
>
> I, for one, was planning to spend a couple of hours
> at this month's event
> to help out. I will not be able to be there all day
> but I could be there
> for part of the time. Maybe we could do an
> ababreviatedersion to handle a
> few people that really wanted to attend?
>
> Alan

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,