Nov and Dec InstallFests cancelled?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Nov and Dec InstallFests cancelled?
ec pointed out in a previous email that a discussion at the GNU/Linux
Stammtisch concluded that the November and December InstallFests are
cancelled. This is due to these InstallFest dates falling close to
(Thanksgiving) and on (Christmas) holidays.

While I understand the reasoning for this decision and even agree with it,
in the case of Christmas Day, I wonder if the participants of that
discussion could comment a bit more about the November date. For example:
- Is the facility not available on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?
- Are the people who make it happen (Thank you Alex and Dennis!) not
available?
- Is there enough interest to do it even if the above two points are true?

I am not trying to stir anything up here. I just want to make sure that
if someone was counting on attending this month's event that we either
hold the event or handle their needs appropriately.

I, for one, was planning to spend a couple of hours at this month's event
to help out. I will not be able to be there all day but I could be there
for part of the time. Maybe we could do an abreviated version to handle a
few people that really wanted to attend?

Alan