Re: Samba setup

Author: Rob Wultsch
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Samba setup
Did you create the config file yourself? If so (and assuming you are
not well versed) try setting up samba using swat remember that
passwords need to be encrypted. Also remember to put your self in the
smb password file.. Here is a basic smb.conf that just works:

[global]
       workgroup = Home
       os level = 20
       netbios name = Brahma
       server string = A joint venture of Rob and Rustin
       encrypt passwords = yes

[Web Server]
       comment = Put stuff in here for the web server
       writeable = yes
       public = yes
       path = /var/www