Re: Web Content Filter

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: PLUG List
Subject: Re: Web Content Filter
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Nathan England wrote:

> I'm looking for a web content filter for school use. Is anyone familiar
> with any? Open Source or not, but prefferably running on linux?

Not an answer to your question. But does your school have to follow any
state (or other) laws in regards to web content filtering?

If so, I wonder what software specifically advertises that it covers that.

It seems like some schools and libraries have to follow some web content
filtering laws and that a commercial solution based on open source
software could be a good business ...

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/