Re: Wireless cards for Mepis Laptop

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Wireless cards for Mepis Laptop
I found the following from a google search:

MEPIS works with most older WiFi cards but Wireless-G type cards are supported
only if they utilize an Atheros chipset. Vendors who use the Atheros chipset
include D-Link, NetGear, HP, IBM, NEC, and Toshiba. However, this could
change at any time. Do not assume that all Wireless-G products from these
vendors use an Atheros chip.
Broadcom chips are not yet supported by MEPIS. The Broadcom chips are used by
Apple, Belkin, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, Compaq, and Linksys.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/post-125353.html

http://www.mepis.org/node/view/3444

HTH,

Siri Amrit