Re: DSL question

Author: Marshall Paul
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: DSL question
Jim,

I believe you will find there is a difference between
the hardware capability and the actual realized down
load speed. Your ISP multiplexes its bandwidth
between many users. When the performance gets below
an arbitrary level they redistribuate the allocation
of users. You may be able to complain and have them
switch you to a less used group. Technically they
only tell you that you can get speeds up to and they
don't garantee a minimum. Nothing is wrong with your
hardware.

Marshall