Re: Problem starting Galeon (followup)

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Problem starting Galeon (followup)
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:

> export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/bin/mozilla-1.7.3
>
> and it works, until I log out of my user account and then log back in. Then I
> have to do it all over again. Why isn't the setting being saved?

Environment variables are only for the current session.

If you want it always, put it in your .profile or other shell login
configuration file.

Or simply make a "galeon" wrapper script that does that for you before it
runs the real galeon.

Such as:

#!/bin/sh
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/bin/mozilla-1.7.3
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
exec /path/to/real/galeon "$@"

Place the above in your ~/bin/galeon and put ~/bin at beginning of your
path.

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/