Re: usb external hard drive

Author: mike hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: usb external hard drive
dennis

mkdir /mnt/flash
then dmesg
gives
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4
sdb: Unit Not Ready, sense:
Current 00:00: sns = 70 6
ASC=28 ASCQ= 0
Raw sense data:0x70 0x00 0x06 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0a
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x28 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
SCSI device sdb: 128000 512-byte hdwr sectors (66 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3 sdb4
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb-storage: host_reset() requested but not
implemented
scsi: device set offline - command error recover
failed: host 2 channel 0 id 0 lun 0
SCSI disk error : host 2 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return
code = 6050000
I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 0
I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 2
I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 64