RE: Why would anyone do this to themselves?

Author: Bart Garst
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Why would anyone do this to themselves?
> Positively amazing.
>
> Why would anyone continue to go through all this?
> It is all so totally unnecessary.

...snip...

> - "Microsoft has issued hundreds of security patches ..."
>
> ... and there is no hope that it will ever end

...snip...

> Why bother to focus on fixing what is so seriously flawed,
> when you can just go out and play and conjure up new
> ways to add to the hoarded $billions?

I'm not asking for a flaming (so keep your cool guys & gals ;-), but I
receive quite a few security advisories every month on the Debian security
list.

I think security issues will always be found in every piece of software, M$
or Free.

If the security patches ever stop coming, I for one will get worried that
nobody is making sure my software is safe & secure.

Now, I'm off to do my system upgrades (Debian Sarge), 133 packages to be
upgraded over the last couple weeks, (kinda puts the hundreds of patches
quote into perspective).

Bart