Review of Simply Mepis 2004.01

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Review of Simply Mepis 2004.01
This is a free, live-CD based mostly on Debian Sarge, with a little Sid, that
also makes a beautiful installed O/S. For someone looking for an
easy-to-install Debian, this might be the ticket. I installed an older
version of Mepis for a friend who got sick of Windows. She's never used Linux
before and loves it. I just sent her Simply Mepis to upgrade. I love my
Slackware, but I must say, this is nice!

Simply Mepis is going to be the basis of a book called "Point-and-Click Linux"
by Robin Miller, coming out in Oct. or Nov. It will be included with the
book. I'm pre-ordering a few copies from bookpool.com . I'm thinking it'll be
a nice Christmas or Hanukkah present to help a few friends make the switch
from Windows...

The full review is here:
http://lnxg.ca/reviews/smepis2004/

Siri Amrit