OO.o text coloring

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: OO.o text coloring
moin, moin,

so, I have the presentation that I need to change. The changes I need to
make are additions to slides and I need to put the additions in different
colors, so the originator of the presentation can easily spot the changes
that I've made.

The problem is that OO.o impress wants to change the color of all of the
text in the area, not just what I've added :(.

Format->Character->Font Effects is, of course, the most obvious place to
hide coloring, but doesn't work as I'd wish. There is an "Indvividual
words" checkbox, but it's only for underlining.

I also tried the "Font Color" thing, but, as with using the menu, once the
mouse leaves the text area the highlighted item becomes unhighlighted and
the new color applies to all text :(.

If I highlight text and right click on it I can choose Character->Font
Effects as well, but once again all text in the text box changes.

I'm certain I used to be able to multiple colors of text. The
documentation implies I should be able to do so.

Is it borken or am I missing something?

OO.o is 1.1.2 from debian testing. The file format is the redmondian
office presentation.

ciao,

der.hans
#  If you don't think for yourself, others will think for you --
#  to their advantage.  -- Harold Gordon