Re: xpistub

Author: Kevin Geiss
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: xpistub
If it were me, I would put something newer than redhat 8 (which has long
since been end-of-lifed by redhat) on the machine.

by the time you fiddle around with getting the correct libraries on
that machine in rh8, you will have probably spent the same amount of
time it will have taken to back up your data, install a newer linux,
restore your data.

you might look into one of the distros which don't require that type
of update, like gentoo or debian. you will be much happier in the end,
with an easier to maintain system.