Browser woes

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Browser woes
Hello everyone,

Anyone out there using Opera?

I am trying to move my web browsing operations to a newer, faster machine.
For historical reasons, I'm running Mandrake 8 - same thing I was running on
the older machine.

I prefer to use Opera (this is version 7) but can't get the PDF plugin to
work. I installed the acrobat 5 version of nppdf.so and added its path in
under the plugin configurations. When I access a PDF file, it appears to
load the file but never displays it. There are no error messages whatsoever.
Is there any way I can make Opera give me more debug info?

I couldn't find any reference to this in Opera's FAQ.

I also tried a Flash plugin, but that doesn't play either. Macromedia's test
page says they don't support Opera. Perhaps I should give it up and go with
Mozilla. :-(

Thanks,
Vaughn