Re: OT: Cox SPAM Was: Re: script help - Update

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Cox SPAM Was: Re: script help - Update
Hello folks:

I haven't been following this thread, but I had a situation a few months ago
that seemed similar. I did some software updates for an out-of-state client
I'd last done work for in '99. I did some of the update work at my home
office, and promised to send them the new binary files as zipped attachments
to an email. They are a big company so they move slowly but I was surprised
when three weeks went by with no reply, so I sent another email - "did the
fixes work?" The guy said he never got that email. Subsequent tests
revealed that he never received anything I sent when it had an attached zip
file. I thought I'd have to send a CD by snail mail, but I ended up putting
the zip file (password-protected this time) on my web site in a directory
where he could FTP them. The thing that bothered me was that I never
received any bounce messages. I assume the company's firewalls probably
assumed that anything with a ZIP file was a virus, and just tossed it in the
bit bucket.

Vaughn