Re: Section of Silly Scripts........

Author: Jared Anderson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Section of Silly Scripts........
No doubt am I not the only one with a bin full of scripts; however, I was wondering if anybody had some that also falls in the 'AMOR' category.

I've mapped CTRL+ALT+f to this script, which opens firefox.
--If nothing is in the clipboard, it just opens firefox to it's default home page (or blank page)...
-- If something is in the clipboard, the script checks if it is a valid URL - defined by the ffxtriggas array.
-- If it is a valid URL, firefox will open the URL
-- If the clipboard item is a valid local file (starts with / - file exists), the firefox will open the path.
-- If garbage is on the clipboard (not url nor file) firefox opens temporary local file that says clipboard item is garbage...

Basically it saves me two keystrokes (ctrl-c ctl-alt-f ctl-alt v) or a second-button click; hence the silliness. (or a bloated desktop)