Re: Installfest Saturday 8/28

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Installfest Saturday 8/28
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Alexander Henry wrote:

> >> Perhaps I should have switched the order of the paragraphs to put the
> >> basic Linux info before the opinion language.
> >
> > Normally newswriters and PR copywriters will attribute all opinions
> > (where
>
> What do you mean by / How do you "attribute" an opinion?

Have someone say it. Or refer to some reference or document.

For example:

"NetBSD is the best operating system," said Jeremy C. Reed, a Linux and
Unix instructor.

According to the Book of Linux, LILO is more full-featured and easier to
use than GRUB.

Instead of just having a press release say opinions or superlatives, have
them be stated by someone or something.

Jeremy C. Reed

                http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/