Re: cd burner

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cd burner

On Sunday 08 August 2004 22:04, wrote:
> I see it reports the CD ROM (hdc - the BTC drive) as scsi, but not the
> burner. Did you say hdc=ide-scsi perchance?

So, I ran k3b setup (as Gabe suggested, thanks) and it also says that the
burner is hdd and then it told me that it needs scsi emulation and it added
some lines to fstab (the last two lines of1) but it failed to tell it to do
scsi emulation. 'man fstab' didn't help so I figured I would ask you all. Is
there a way to enable scsi emulation aside from having it in lilo.conf? I
then checked lilo.conf again but that hadn't changed any (2). I checked 'man
fstab' and 'man mount' but they didn't help.

<:-)Mike(-:>
1-
/dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
/dev/sda1 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
# Dynamic entries
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hda4 /mnt/hda4 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hdd      /mnt/burner   auto    ro,noauto,user,exec     0 0
/dev/scd0    /mnt/cdrom    auto    ro,noauto,user,exec     0 0

2-
default=Mepis
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22
vga=791
label=Mepis
append="nomce hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi acpi=off apm=power_off "
root=/dev/hda2

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/