Re: Re: LormaLinux

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Re: LormaLinux
On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 16:55, Michael Havens wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance

----
it's not an easy thing to do.
----
> but am I correct in assuming that means that Red-Hat's apt-get is differant from Debian's apt-get?

----
apt-get is open source. As such, it may freely be used by other
packagers/distributions that have like licensing.

apt-get is the same but to make it work for an rpm based system, there
is apt4rpm.
----
> If that is so Red Hat is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and make us fools by making people think that Debian's and their apt-get are the same (that's what I thought!).

----
1 - Red Hat doesn't distribute apt-get. It is an 'extra'

2 - For virtually all purposes, it is the same as apt-get on Debian but
as Derek pointed out about advanced features with apt-get, Debian has
more functionality. Too bad you slept through it.

3 - You are inferring that Red Hat is deceptive. Not surprisingly, this
stupid comment follows one a few days ago about the dark recesses that
you place Red Hat.
----
> If DEbian was a company RedHat would have a messy lawsuit on their hands. Red Hat should have called it something else. 'dep-get' maybe. 'program-get' perhaps. 'wearedeceitfulscumbags-didwefoolyou' would work too! Or maybe 'debianisbetterthanussoweare-posers'.

----
This comment establishes you, Michael Havens as the most clueless
individual that I have ever been introduced to on any Linux message
base. Not only do you fail to understand the concept of Linux, the
concepts of open source software, FSF, FOSS completely elude you and I
shudder to think that you in your infinite stupidity are actually
circulating through the world and telling someone/anyone that Linux is
better than Windows.

Since your right to post on this message base is equal to mine and I no
longer wish to read the drivel that you post, I have made you my very
first target of a procmail recipe targeted towards senders.

# Michael Havens
:0:
* ^From_Michael Havens*
/dev/null