Deru is Hiring

Author: Darin Wayrynen
To: plug-discuss
CC: Darin Wayrynen
Subject: Deru is Hiring

Hi - I'm posting here because we use Linux extensively (datacenters
full of Linux boxes) and you folks may know of some people that can
fill these entry level openings.

Oh, most every time you go to plug.phoenix.az.us you are sort of using
Deru's services as we maintain phoenix.az.us. :-)

If the powers that be would like to move their hosting to a Phoenix
based server - send me an email - I'm sure something can be worked out
to keep this great organizaton actually using Arizona based servers rather
than texas based ev1 servers. :-)

Deru Communications, a fast growing local Internet Service Provider is
hiring for our on site 24x7 proactive Network Operations team. We are
looking for full time, part time, and on call contract employees.

Network Operations Center Technician
====================================

Job Description
===============

Deru NOC technicians assure customer satisfaction with Deru products
by evaluating trouble tickets to determine the most likely source of
the problem, assign internal resources to resolve the problem, and
coordinating efforts to achieving customer satisfaction.

Deru NOC technicians will have hands on experience at trouble shooting
customer problems, interacting with customers on the phone, via email,
web based trouble ticket system, instant messaging, and face to face
communications.

Required skills
===============

o) Excellent customer service skills
o) Excellent verbal and written skills
o) Excellent analytical skills
o) Strong work ethic
o) Self Starter
o) Quick learner
o) tidy appearance and mannerisms.
o) Desire for continuous educational improvement
o) Most important - enjoy computer and Internet technology

Desired Skills
==============

o) Can understand and trouble shoot simple TCP/IP networking and
service issues
o) Can build and/or rebuild a unix/windows server from scratch at the
hardware and software level
o) Can install, manage, and maintain simple computer cabling
Ethernet/serial/power)
o) Comfortable lifting/manipulating (some times heavy) computer servers
o) Understand simple LAN/WAN/TDM/ATM/Frame Relay/DSL networking

Responsibilities
================

o) Monitor customer and network alarms via Deru network management
systems and pro-actively help repair trouble alarm.
o) Follow defined escalation policies to ensure quick resolution and
customer satisfaction
o) As skill level permits, diagnose and repair customer issues and work
with Network and Systems Engineering staff to solve problems.
o) Document all events and actions
o) Other duties assigned by management.

Corporate Representation
========================

o) Act as a primary advocate for the client
o) Act as a professional agent of Deru Communications and its interests

These are entry level positions, perfect for college students
centrally located in Phoenix - where our data centers are located.

There will be lots of interaction between Deru management and Deru
customers and anyone we hire will learn a great deal - we are not
looking for someone with extensive network operations experience, but
rather someone that is willing to come in at the ground level and
learn by osmosis and become part of the successful Deru team.

Please send resumes via email to - please include the
hours you are available to work, income expectations, and work related