Re: Still trying to figure out what to buy

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Still trying to figure out what to buy
Josef Lowder said:
> On Thursday 15 July 2004 18:10, you wrote:
>> I saw an article on Linux Today yesterday that asked for a boycott of
>> Asus motherboards. Essentially they are anti open-source and
>> antagonistically so.
>
> I visited the Linux Today website and searched for "asus" and all I
> found were two articles praising how outstanding asus motherboards are.
>

> Where can I find this article you mention?
>
> And where can I find information describing the preferred motherboards
> to use with Linux (perhaps ranked in some way)?

The article that I saw on the subject was on mozillazine:

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html

I assume it is the same issue.

Alan

PS This email being typed using an Asus motherboard that works fine with
Linux. It was purchased 18+ months ago so maybe things have changed
since.