Re: cluster software

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cluster software

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 11:13, Kevin Brown wrote:
> 1) You have a problem that can be broken into smaller chunks and the output
> when recombined gives you the overall solution.
> 2) You want to divide the load of an application across multiple systems to
> help it scale.

So, then clustering it won't make it so that a couple of wimpy computer (I
have an AMD K6) will act like a MANLY computer? Do you understand me? Like a
couple of older processors acting like an athlon or a PIII.
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/