Re: When apt-cache search 'something' fails to find somethin…

Author: George Toft
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: When apt-cache search 'something' fails to find something (sources.list)
I have never had to worry about that - I chose mirrors.kernel.org - it
has everything I've ever needed and is very fast:

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
contrib non-free