Flame Wars was Re: cluster software

Author: Kevin Brown
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Flame Wars was Re: cluster software
> Now I know why people start flame wars.

People start flame wars on mailing lists and forums the same way/reason that
they do in real life. They feel strongly about something and defend it when it
seems to be "under attack."

The major problem is that we silly little humans are not really used to
communicating with just words. We expect to disect emotional inflection and
body language to determine everything that is being said... Email strips out
all that other looked for data, leaving a person to fill it in as needed.

Granted, your original post left very little to the imagination as to how you
felt in regards to RedHat.