Re: Where to find a Linux expert 'for hire'

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
CC: joe
Subject: Re: Where to find a Linux expert 'for hire'
Josef Lowder said:

> I have also posted these three questions on the PLUG website as I don't
> know which method is most likely to produce a response.

It is best to post these kinds of questions here. You will get a response.

> #1. The PLUG discussion list welcome message says: "Digests of this list
> are available at your personal preferences URL" Where does one find
> and/or define one's "personal preferences URL?"

Follow the link at the bottom of every discussion list email, repeated
here for your convenience:

> #2. On the PLUG home page, which link should one use to go directly to
> the current discussion forum?

The PLUG web site current does not have a forum. This email list is the
discussion medium.

There have been offers and suggestions to create a forum or wiki for PLUG.
These have been sometimes rejected, sometimes accepted but currently none
are operating.

The IRC channel is sometimes active in the evenings. Point your chat
client at irc://irc.freenode.net and then join channel #plugaz.

> #3. Where can one find a capable Linux expert "for hire" who can be
> emailed and/dor called by phone to obtain answers to questions?

I would hope someone here will respond to this offer. Maybe more than one!

> Please respond directly to

I am responding in the email list and via CC to you.

> Thanks.

You are most welcome.

Alan