Re: too much data on disk~ 'x' won't start

Author: Ed Skinner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: too much data on disk~ 'x' won't start
On Wednesday 30 June 2004 13:48, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> But anyways, to find out big files, I often use find.
> find / -size +3500 -ls

     Cute! The man-page for "find" describes the -size option but you have to
look elsewhere in the man-page for the "+" (and "-", or absence of either)
notation.
     "find" has got to be one of the richest (read: loaded with options)
programs in Linux/Unix. (Well, "make" gets right up there when studying
Makefiles.)
      Thanks for the tip! (Added it to my "can't remember cool stuff" list.)

--
Ed Skinner, , http://www.flat5.net/