wav ->mp3

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: wav ->mp3

What could I use to convert a wav file to mp3? I ripped a bunch of audio files
to wav but I didn't have the encode to mp3 button checked. And I am really
hoping that I won't have to rip all the files again.

Wait a second; xmms won't play the few mp3s I have. Neither will noatun, nor
plaympeg. What are mp3s played with? According to the MAN pages xmms is
supposed to play them!; There is no manpage for noatun; and plaympeg just
errored out (1-) but it also says that it can't find the beginning of MPEG
data (2)

I wonder if I were to start xmms from the command line if it would give me an
error message.
It didn't give me an error message but where the song title (and other info)
scrolls the mp3 file names flashed by real quick (I think that is what
flashed).
I have version 1.2.8 Would
--
<:-)Mike(-:>

1-
bmike1@8[bmike1]$ sudo plaympeg /mnt/hda5/*Swing*
^[[AFatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
bmike1@8[bmike1]$ sudo plaympeg /mnt/hda5/*Swing*

2-/mnt/hda5/ - Swing - Jump Session.mp3: Could not find the beginning of MPEG
    data

3-
Hey, I just noticed something. Usually it says:

    bmike1@0[bmike1]$

I figured it out. That is the number of the terminal. I don't think I had 8
terminals opened though.

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/