Re: Need Linux-friendly ISP

Author: Michael Sammartano
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Need Linux-friendly ISP
Yes you can use your own box set up as a web server. You have to have some
sort of server software setu up such as Apache, and set your router to
forward all http requests to that particular box thru port 80. Keep in mind
that your IP address may change (I believe Qwest DSL uses dhcp and non
static addresses) so you will have to monitor it regularly.