Re: cvs under linux

Author: Ted Gould
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cvs under linux
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 16:04, wrote:
> I have cvs installed on Linux and I am trying to access the cvs with
> wincvs from a windows client and I have read the cvs man page and been to
> their site but what do I need to be able to do to have 2 files on the cvs
> and see what cvs does with them regarding versioning, basically I just
> wanted a small example of what is possible with cvs.

This sounds like it is a new installation of CVS, and I'm going to have
to ask the question: Why aren't you using subversion?
(http://subversion.tigris.org) No, seriously, I realize that CVS has
been the workhorse of Open Source for years (decades?), and I've used it
extensively myself, but for new installs I'd do subversion. I think at
the end of the day, you'll probably be much happier.

        --Ted