Re: cvs under linux

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cvs under linux
> I have cvs installed on Linux and I am trying to access the cvs with
> wincvs from a windows client and I have read the cvs man page and been
> to their site but what do I need to be able to do to have 2 files on the
> cvs and see what cvs does with them regarding versioning, basically I
> just wanted a small example of what is possible with cvs.

Can WinCVS connect to the server? Check this by clicking the menu Admin
and then Login... It will ask for your CVS server password and, if it
works, print something in the output window like:

cvs login
(Logging in to user@cvsserver)

*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****

Did that work?

Assuming it did, you can "import" your test "module" into CVS. CVS calls
each directory of source files a module. Import can be tricky and WinCVS
helps make it easier.

Check you server connection above before we talk about the import process.

Alan