Re: cvs under linux

Author: Ed Skinner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cvs under linux
We've run into a few problems of compatability between CVS servers and
CVS clients. The issues are becoming less and less of a problem but, if
you're like us with lots of older systems, it can be a problem. The "shop"
includes several versions of Linux, several variants of Windows and a few
Solaris boxes, again of several versions.
     You might want to find out what clients are available for the various
client systems that will be in the shop, and then find a server version that
is common to all of them. When hard-pressed, I telnet to one of the boxes
that I know has a workable client, put the sandbox there, and then manage the
working copies from there.
     (Sorry but I don't have the specific version numbers for you.)

Ed Skinner, , http://www.flat5.net/