RE: Cisco 1548M switch and Linux

Author: Dorian A. Monroe, II
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Cisco 1548M switch and Linux
The management console port requires a cisco console cable, with an RJ45 on
one end and a 9-pin serial port on the other. Here's how you can make one
yourself, if you've got the tools to put one together:
http://www.kame.net/~suz/cisco-cable.html

There are plenty of 'em on eBay too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3704&item=5704841424&
rd=1
Or do a search for Cisco Console Cable.

I'd think that there are some local shops that may have them available.
*shrugs*

We have several of those switches in our office, including one on my desk!
They're actually pretty decent. If it is configured with an IP address, it
should be cleared out though. Or at least configured with an IP address
that's on your network. You should be able to telnet to it, if you know
it's IP address (assuming it's configured with one). Otherwise, you will
need to get a console cable.

    -- Dorian