Re: Resume

Author: MCR
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Resume

--- AZ Pete <> wrote:
> 1) I've read numerous times in resume-writing
> articles that Career
> Objectives are not needed and should be omitted.
> Anyone in a hiring
> capacity reading your resume will know this is
> simply fluff and ignore it
> anyway.

I second this. I recently was on the job hunt and
had to re-do my resume, and this same thing was
suggested to me numerous times. After hearing this
advice I removed it from my resume.

The cover letter seems to be almost as important as
the resume itself. There are a lot of good sites out
there that give examples and ideas. Once I learned
about writting a good cover letter I saw a dramatic
increase in interview offers.

                               Mike