Letter to the editor

+ (message/rfc822)
Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Letter to the editor
Let's write a letter to the editor.... all of us.... to make it the best....
and then send it to all of the news papers (substituting the correct city for
the newspaper 's city) in Arizona. (yes, I mean even rinky-dink towns like
Snowflake) Then we can send it in signed by AZOTO (is that okay derHans?). I
think it would look better to others if it was signed bya non-profit group
rather than a users-group club.

I volunteer to be the editor of the final draft (unless someone else desires
that esteemed position)

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/
It has come to our attention that state and city governments of this state are
not acting in the best intrest of it's citizens. 'How is that?' you may
wonder. The state and city governments have no money yet they contiune to
give hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not then millions) to a company
that is in the state of Washington known as Microsoft. They continue to do
this by leasing licenses for their operating system (OS) Windows 2000,
Windows XP, or Windows 2003 even though their are viable alternatives to the
Windows OS called RedHat Linux or SUSE Linux or even Mepis Linux among many.

Linux is part of a movement called open source in which the source code (inner
workings of the program) is available for everyone to inspect and to improve
upon. While some say this leads to a less secure OS, that is not true. The
individuals who write computer virii are are usually young and inexperienced
individuals who think they are smarter than they really are (this is why they
ALWAYS get caught). And while they are looking at the code with malicious
overtones the wiser, more experienced generation is inspecting the same code
fixing any security flaws they find in the OS.

Because the code is open for all to see it is also open for all to compile
(make operational). This means that it is also free to compile and use as
your OS. But it goes deeper than just the operating system, all of the
applications included with most distributions of the Linux OS are also open
source. This means that for nothing you can have an operating that is
superior to Microsoft's operating system with similar application programs.

Sincerely:
Michael Havens
---
    note:   I  think  we  should  send  the   letter   promoting   one   of   the
    distributions.  Although I prefer  Debian I think we should go with one
    of the comecialized distributions]

    [My name on the letter is optional]

So what do you all think?