Server config problems

Author: Mike
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Server config problems
I am trying to set up Apache and vsftp on my SuSE 8.2 box, and I am having
issues. First I can't start httpd. I went thru all of the install via rpm,
and all installed. I had to do in command line as I had to install 2 rpm's at
the same time due to dependency issues. I believe I am having config issues
now, and I don't know where to start. I am also trying to install vsftp, but
the install tells me I am missing anonftp, I can't find this anywhere on the
web for download, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. Finally I set up
ssh and I was able to connect via putty 1 time. Now I can not log in. I get
as far as the login name and it hangs.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated......
Mike
--
2:04pm up 8 days 23:53, 3 users, load average: 0.32, 0.15, 0.11
Linux