Mail client/server. . .

Author: christian ruckdaschel
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Mail client/server. . .
What software would I use to relay email from remote POP and SMTP servers
to a Linux box running Samba for Outlook Express users on Windows XP Pro
clients using roaming profiles, and be able to keep the downloaded emails in
the Linux home directory?

For example, User A logs on from WinPC A, pulls the roaming profile from the
Samba box, fires up Outlook Express and downloads email from Remote Server
WWW. User A then logs off and later logs on to WinPC B, pulls the roaming
profile from the Samba box, fires up Outlook Express, and in the inbox is
contained all prior undeleted emails (including those recently downloaded
via WinPC A), hosted on the Samba box.

What Linux software(s) would I use to successfully fulfill this purpose?