Re: eth0 error?

Author: Patrick Fleming
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: eth0 error?

Michael Havens wrote:

> Ohhhhhhh this is great. I have such fun doing this. In my search I discovered
> that there is a file called rc.local where I place what I desire to run at
> start up. (Just what I was looking for.) I tried to find it but could not. As
> all of the rc.??? directories are in /etc should I create one for rc.local?
> Or else which rc.??? has the offending entry which starts this process?

On most of my systems rc.local can be found in /etc/rc.d/ (this is where
all the are linked to) so if I do:
ls -l /rc.d/rc3.d/S99local
I get:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root    root      11     April 5  2002
etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99local  -> ../rc.local

This is a RedHat system, but you should have something similar (you're
running Mandrake right?)
rc.local should be a script, not a directory. Once you have the script
working like you want to run /sbin/chkconfig --level 345 local on to
make sure it gets started in runlevel 3, 4, and 5.