mount, unmount, and listing the contents of the CD-Rom

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: mount, unmount, and listing the contents of the CD-Rom

I hope that this has been resolved in the newest edition of Mepis but I have
been unable to mount, unmount, and list the contents of the CD-Rom in version
2003-10-2.

To get it to the point where it will mount and list the items of a cd-rom I
created a new file with a text editor (I like kwrite). In any case I opened
it up and typed in:

    [Desktop Entry]
    Encoding=UTF-8
    Icon=cdrom_unmount
    Name[en_US]=Mount CD-Rom
    Type=Application
    Exec=sudo mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom;konqueror file:/mnt/cdrom

But I can't open the drive door after I run it (I'm sure the reason for that
is that the drive is not umounted).
Now you would think that to get it to unmount the drive you would append the
above file with:

    ;sudo umount /dev/cdrom

but that just makes it so that konqueror opens file:/mnt/cdrom with no listing
but the cdrom will open.

And so I think that perhaps if I put it on a new line with Exec= in front of
it that it would work. It does not. The blinking icon appears where the
cursor is but disappears after some time.

So how is it done? How do you mount it, list it's contents, and unmount it in
one fatal swoop?
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/