Re: TDK DVD burner won't burn CD's

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: TDK DVD burner won't burn CD's
On Saturday 15 May 2004 14:45, you wrote:
> Do you have a copy of Knoppix and two cd devices
> hooked up to any (or can hook up two cdroms) to one
> box? If so, give it a shot or do from the boot prompt
> the following to 'mirror' the knoppix cd to a
> partition, any partition so as to 'free up' the cdrom
> device.

No, but I ended up getting that burner (the TDK) to work on Mandrake 9.1, to
my great surprise. I previously abandoned that upgrade because of
instability (I think there are problems with my memory sticks that M8 somehow
recovers from - but I'm not buying any new ones until the price drops!)
Anyhow, I guess it goes to show that your advice was correct; when in doubt,
try another distro. That's one burner working, two to go.

Vaughn