Re: Debian perl version?

Author: Lynn David Newton
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Debian perl version?

>> What version of perl comes with the latest Debian
>> distribution?

bj> Which Debian distribution?

bj> http://packages.debian.org/perl

bj> 5.6.1 with woody, 5.8.3 with sarge, and5.8.4 with sid (on most
bj> architectures).

Thanks. I'm not very (at all) familiar with Debian.
What do those three distro versions represent? I've
heard of woody, but never sarge or sid.

The target system in question is a Dell server.

Personally, I'm still stuck on RH 8.0 on my home
system, which I hate in many ways, but have been unable
to make the room for upgrading. Next time I do it'll
probably be a complete reinstal to Debian. I hope that
happens in the next few months.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ