Re: reiser4 benchmarks for those interested

Author: Nathan England
To: Phoenix Linux User Group
Subject: Re: reiser4 benchmarks for those interested

I prefer ext3 as well. I've used reiser on a few machines just for
playing. I do a lot of work with large files, like one directory will
hold 3 - 7 1024m files. Ext3 and reiserFS both seem to handle the files
equally well, but the machines who ran reiserFS for some reason
destroyed their journals.
Granted one of the machines was in use by a very inexperienced user who
I think might have accidentally blown the journal not shutting down
properly. But afterwords, I couldn't retrieve the data. Knoppix would
mount the fs because the journal was corrupt. If it ahd been ext3, I
could have retrieved that data, and not lost many months worth of
work...

nathan