Re: reiser4 benchmarks for those interested

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Bill Jonas
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: reiser4 benchmarks for those interested
On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 01:04:21PM -0400, Michael Havens wrote:
> http://www.namesys.com/benchmarks.html

Be aware that those are *not* done by an unbiased third party but rather
by the ReiserFS developers themselves. I'm not commenting on the
validity of the results, though.

I personally like ext3 since it's backward-compatible with ext2 (as long
as the filesystem is cleanly unmounted), so you can use most of the
tools and other OS FS support for ext2. Just personal preference,
though. I used ReiserFS for a while and didn't have any problems (but I
did hear of other people having problems).

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step