Re: high dividend stock

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: high dividend stock

On Friday 07 May 2004 20:32, robert holtzman wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2004, Michael Havens wrote:
> > Advise from a broker (cost me $80!):
> > Star Gas (sgu)
>
> There's always a reason for yields that high...usually because it's a
> crappy stock.

Okay, I found some information and it appears that an investment company )Star
Gas) is buying gas companies (propane, natural gas, heating oil)(1). What is
your experoence with investment companies?

I found info on Lowe Bros. & Dad they sold out after 50+ years, that Maingas
has been in business for 35 years,
I found that Coleman Gas Service was sued and lost $5.6M. http://
www.recordonline.com/archive/2002/12/05/acgas.htm

--
<:-)Mike(-:>

1-
Star Gas Partners, L.P., the nation's eighth largest retail propane
distributor, serves more than 166,000 customers throughout 74 locations in
the Midwestern states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia and
in the Northeast, from Maine to Southern New Jersey. Star operates under
several trademarks and trade names including: Star Gas Service, Silgas, Blue
Flame L.P. Gas, Maingas, Arrow Gas, Mid-Hudson Valley Propane, Coleman Gas
Service, H&S Gas, Wilhoyte L.P. Gas, Rural Natural Gas, Pearl Gas, Bay
State-Arrow Gas Knowles L.P. Gas, Lowe Bros., & Dad.

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/