Re: Linux and multi-user options

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux and multi-user options
On Fri, 7 May 2004 17:42:58 -0700 (MST), Alan Dayley
<> wrote:

> The best Linux based solution to accomplish this is LTSP,

What about good old Athena Project type stuff, like I described in my 'war
stories' rant in a post 10 minutes ago? I never administered one, but
something like a set of computers, all with local hard drive partitions
mounted to /boot and /usr/local, then / mounted to an NFS, and /home
mounted to another NFS? With LTSP the CPU of the client machine is just
idle! Right now NFS is too much of a pain in the ass to do this with only
three machines, but with a little bit of hacking and automation, it may be
workable in the future.

--

--Alexander