Problem installing gentoo

Author: Chris Gehlker
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Problem installing gentoo
What follows is a message I sent to the Gentoo-ppc mailing list. I
thought I'd post it here in case anyone has experience with the
problem.

I'm trying to install Gentoo on a Dual G4 and an iBook using the
Minimal LiveCD. The problem is that I can't get a network connection
from the LiveCD. What's got me stumped is that the right drivers don't
appear to be anywhere on the CD. Checking Yellow Dog, the G4 needs a
sungem driver and the iBook needs a gmac.

It hard for me to believe that the LiveCD doesn't support such common
machines. What am I missing?