LVM on Debian pointers

Author: Tom Ward
To: Phoenix Linux User Group
Subject: LVM on Debian pointers
Hello,

I've used RedHat mostly, but am considering moving to Debian. Currently
my closet server is running RH 9 with LVM, and I'd like to install Debian
the same way. I've been able to configure a partition as LVM, but from
the Debian installer it looks like I can only select ext2 and ext3
partitions. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to use LVM with
Debian or provide personal experiences? It seems to support LVM, but I
can't figure out how to set it up from install.

One reason I like Debian is that it runs on multiple hardware types.
Besides the Intel box, I've got a couple of HP workstations and an
Ultra30. I'd like to be able to run linux on them all.

Regards,
Tom