Re: labels/mailmerge w/enscript?

Author: Carl Parrish
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: labels/mailmerge w/enscript?
Derek Neighbors wrote:

>Mike Starke said:
>

>>/_
>>/_GNUe Reports does this very easily as well. Supports every major
>>/_database.
>>
>>Would you be willing to help me out? Show me some pointers?
>>Point me to a Howto?
>>
>>I have it (gnue) installed.
>>

>Sure. Look in gnue-reports/samples/labels/ in that directory is the
>syntax with parameters you can use. It will be for a certain brand of
>Avery labels. You can then look at label-specs.dat to find a list of all
>supported label types.
>
>At that point just modify the sample labels.grd to suit your database
>table layout and switch the label= param to be your style and you are good
>to go. One pretty slick thing about gnue-reports (that isnt all that for
>labels) is you can direct output to fax, printer, file or email. When you
>are doing mail merges that becomes much more powerful. :)
>
>If you run into issues either email the gnue list or stop by the IRC
>channel. We can get you up and running.

Derek do you know if GNUe is available from any servers that yum can
point to? Creating lables in openoffice from any jdbc, ldap, mozilla,
evolution or odbc connection is a snap. However this is an area I'm not
sure mozilla could duplicate on its own (at least I'm not aware of any
label making projects). But if someone is interested in learning to
write mozilla applications this would proably be an easy one. (hint,
hint). Since I'm getting married in about 3 weeks I couldn't really help
out in the short term but in about a month / month 1/2 if anyone wanted
to pursue this project let me know and I'd be available for help.

--
Carl Parrish()
http://www.carlparrish.com