Private/Home network/VPN /lan ? What the help

Author: Page E. Greer
To: tucson freebsd .org, plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Private/Home network/VPN /lan ? What the help
Ive got three Comp.that I want to network. Ive got a Dlink Dss 5+ port
switch that 2 are connected to. 2 are esentially the same ECs K7 S5A
Mboards AND a epox based machine. The epox M. i want to use as a
gateway. It has suse 8.1 Pro  right now and the" simple server"
INstalled with Kde. THe I chose Ip address 10.0.10.1 . the other box has
dual boot WIN XP and SUSE 9.0 Pro{ AND I didnt pay for the xp.}with IP
10.0.10.2 [should I change this to bclass add?]  they were both
installed under yast . ifstatus says both cards are in installed reads
the mac and Ip as setup . ping gives me no lost packets from one box to
the other.     i Knoww the Domain names are not s
et right Becase of what ive red said it did make that much diff. any way
netstat -r gives me dest. 10.0.10.0 Gate. *  GENMASK 255.255.255.0
FLAGGS U Mss 0 Window 0 irtt 0 Iface eth0/Dest. default 10.0.10.1
genmask 0.0.0.0 flaggs UG MSS 0 Window 0 Irtt 0 Iface eth0  any one got
any ideas