Re: couple of machines reconstituted

Author: plug
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: couple of machines reconstituted
As I understand the business account, you *can* use their server(s), if
you like. Or, you can setup your own. I imagine they're blocking
outgoing smtp, and forcing you to send it through their servers. I know
for a fact that they don't do that on business accounts. They also
don't block any incoming ports on business accounts...

>>> 04/13/04 2:39 PM >>>

well, from what I was told by the techs and sales folks, they use the
same
e-mail servers for everything.

The only real problem I have with their biz accounts: 1/2 the bandwidth
at
slightly more than twice the price! It makes no economic sense for me to

switch at this time. now if I could get their biz grade account with
same BW
on a 3 year contract for $20.00 more than I pay now, I'd hop right on
it.

Unlike a lot of other folks, I don't have a lot of money. I'm barely
remaining
afloat as it is.

Oh well, enough whining on my part.

Technomage Hawke

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 08:33 am, Gary Nichols wrote:
> I can also vouch for this. Cox business accounts do not have any

ports
> restricted from what I've found. I've been running outbound/inbound

smtp
> for almost two years on my account.
>
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, plug wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I have a friend with a Cox business account.

He
> > runs his own e-mail server, and doesn't have any problems with

e-mail
> > getting out...

> > well,
> > its having a big problem as 50% of my reports to spamcop have been
> > dropped.
> > BTW, a biz grade account won't cut it. they are still using the same
> > e-mail
> > servers and the same e-mail software (InterMail). the software is

the
> > real
> > issue. its way beyond its EOL and the provider that originally

supported